Wednesday, February 17, 2016

I AM STRONG

Fear is an inherent human trait.  Fear of the unknown.  Fear of failure.  Fear of letting others down.  It's a scary world!  As a parent, I'm terrified that I'll make mistakes & my girls will end up in endless therapy one day.  I fear that I'm not enough.  I worry that I will disappoint the people I love.  I'm afraid to take chances in business opportunities, fearing my failure.  I wonder if I'm pretty enough to keep my loves attention, fearing that one day my beauty will fade.  I wonder if the world is judging me. Again, it's a fricken scary world!!

Astavakrasana - 8 Angle Pose
There's no turning back.  Every day passes & if we are not moving forward, are we truly living?  As a parent, it's my job to guide my girls on the path to independence.  To provide opportunities for growth.  To give them the confidence to try
 Whether they succeed or fail, is not the point.  One of my favorite things to tell my teenager, is "don't be afraid of LIFE".  The worst that can happen is hearing NO.  You can't succeed, if you don't try.  Failure is a stepping stone.  Failure is a lesson; humbling.  A mile is a mile, no matter how fast.  

Now, if only I could listen to my own advice.  Well, here I am.  Putting myself out there, again.  Striving for my own greatness, to show my family what I expect from them.  "Do as I say, not as I do" is not something I want in my vocabulary any longer.  I want to show my girls that they are strong.  But why would they believe me, unless I showed them my own strength?  

So here I am.  Being true to myself.  Allowing my inner light shine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment