Thursday, February 25, 2016

Birthday Happiness

Santa Cruz Boardwalk - Dont ever grow up!
Slowly climbing through my 30's is a big deal.  It means that I'm not a 20-something kid.  I should be a responsible adult.  I should have my life together.  Gone are the days of staying out all night, partying til the wee hours of the morning, with a drink in hand.  Not that there's a single thing wrong with a drink in hand, but I prefer to be on my couch, with a beer (or 3), watching a Warriors game; then in bed at a decent hour.  I'll be honest & say that we did party hard for my 30th birthday, but 4 years later, I certainly have no intention of reliving that night.  

For my 34th, I opted for a low key birthday instead.  We took the kids to the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, and enjoyed the sunshine.  We rode rides, ate cotton candy & walked the famed bridge from the movie "The Lost Boys".  If that statement doesn't age me, I don't know what will!  The sun was shining, my girls were happy & it meant the world to me.

Sutro Baths Labyrinth 
The next day, we took a family hike through the San Francisco Sutro Baths.  It's a family friendly walk and the weather cooperated perfectly.  The waves were fierce on the Pacific, and we were fairly close to being knocked into the water by a huge wave.  We were trying to get a good family picture in (and a awesome yoga pose for me!) when we ended up completely soaked.  Luckily it was early on, and we dried off fairly quick.  Round trip, it was about 4 miles.  Pretty good for my 7 year old!


Golden Gate View from Eagles Point
Lost Boys Bridge - Santa Cruz, CA

No comments:

Post a Comment